Tournaments and community managment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournaments and community managment

So, in order to mantain the competitive scene and spirit of the game i propose the creation of monthy tournaments
    Minor Leage, Free and just for the sake of being the champion.
    Mayor league, in witch +18 players can pay an entering price, the winner keeps some part of the profits as prize and the rest can go towards paying gota's servers and development

And adding a 1v1 (no intant merge, 4-5k mass) to the scrimmage servers "1v1 vanilla"

That could get the attention of a bigger audience, like e-sports stuff later on,
    speccially if you guys long term projectto add some cs:go-like competitive ranking freature, that would spark some more interest too.

Keep in touch with your community and it will pay off, you guys could even open a patreon to make sure you can continue to develop this game further

You can 1v1 in custom games by choosing teams and the game mode you want. But I guess there should be a global 1v1 that's not instant merge; maybe FFA or Mega. Devs might be working on it as we speak.

Comment

Don't think Gota's ever going to have a system where you pay to enter a league/tournament, but some sort of ranking system is planned for the future. Also can't really see Gota becoming an e-sport either. I like the tournament idea though.

Comment

I can see it becoming an esport in the way that it can get really competitive, but I doubt it will anyway. I don't know where'd we get the prize pool either, since I doubt there's that many people willing to/being able to pay to participate in a tournament.

Comment

What's the point? People will just cheat in the tournaments anyways, lol.
          Arceus~ The old and original person with a pokemon name in gota.io. (oof)

https://media.giphy.com/media/4V9pnhxTv6eha/giphy.gif

Been in Gota since 2015, and still proud to be in it.

Despite its horrible community.

Comment

I like the tournament idea. But all that e-sports stuff.. nah
            I'M GAY~~
            Also, try to tm me pls.

Comment

Yeah esports definitely seems like it will never be a thing. Tournaments however, would be cool imo.

Comment

Ok, lets get the word "e-sport" outta the way cause it seems to generate confusion, mostly, i was talking about it having potential to become one, obviously that can only happen organically, theres no switch you can flip to make it one.

So, onto the important stuff,

Tournaments: either for money or not, they should be publiciced in the main menu of the game, not everyone reads the forums.
                Also, i dont get why ArceusK is saying people are gonna cheat, agar is like chess, you cant cheat exept for like, bots spamming the login witch cant happen in a closed server.

money prize tournaments; You can sell a "code" or "key" that you can input in-game, via paypal or mercadopago, the prize dosnt need to be that big, in fact, the prize should be directly proportional to the amount of players paying for it.

The easy way of keeping track of the tournament is trough this site http://challonge.com/es

Comment

Originally posted by OverFlow View Post
                  Ok, lets get the word "e-sport" outta the way cause it seems to generate confusion, mostly, i was talking about it having potential to become one, obviously that can only happen organically, theres no switch you can flip to make it one.
                  So, onto the important stuff,
                  Tournaments: either for money or not, they should be publiciced in the main menu of the game, not everyone reads the forums.
                  Also, i dont get why ArceusK is saying people are gonna cheat, agar is like chess, you cant cheat exept for like, bots spamming the login witch cant happen in a closed server.
                  money prize tournaments; You can sell a "code" or "key" that you can input in-game, via paypal or mercadopago, the prize dosnt need to be that big, in fact, the prize should be directly proportional to the amount of players paying for it.
                  The easy way of keeping track of the tournament is trough this site http://challonge.com/es
                  I've seen sometimes on those 6v6 Scrimmages and Hunger Games gamemodes where people "cheat" or supposedly just feed their Maas to the opposite team, and on Hunger Games, some people end up teaming with one another and whatnot.

Now, I'm not trying to say that it'll happen in the tournaments, but unless if they were like a way to avoid cheating such as instantly decreasing mass of the opposite team were to team with the other opposite. I don't know what kind of tournament that might be held, so I don't really know how everything will go, actually. But yea, the tournament idea is pretty good imo.
                  Arceus~ The old and original person with a pokemon name in gota.io. (oof)

https://media.giphy.com/media/4V9pnhxTv6eha/giphy.gif

Been in Gota since 2015, and still proud to be in it.

Despite its horrible community.

Comment

Working...
                  X