Alright, let's be honest here.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright, let's be honest here.

So, let's be honest here. The forum is basically and sadly obviously dead. Back then, the forums used to be really popular, it was active, there were tons of posts and threads each week, and now once the new forum was made... everything felt... dull.

For the first week or two... maybe three, the new forum was quite active, but not as much people WERE being active. I started to slowly notice the forums were dying, and I was trying to do as much as I could, but there were barely any new posts and I didn't know how to respond. There are over about 2k people in the forums, and that like... What? 10 out of TWO THOUSAND online?

And the people who ARE online just do those lousy "ACCEPT MY SKIN" or "GIVE ME LOCKED NAME!!!!!" threads, despite the mods have CLEARLY said to N O T do those kinda of posts/threads. This is basically like the old forum: Crowded with people who lack common sense and always begging for there skins to be accepted or locked names.

I'm kind of losing faith in the forums and just on the verge of "I'm just gonna let this die cause there's no legitimate hope of saving it, oof."

So, if you want to find ways to help keep the forums active, do. Cause for me, I'm just slowly packing my bags.
    Last edited by ArceusK; 04-09-2018, 06:41 AM.
    Arceus~ The old and original person with a pokemon name in gota.io. (TOTALLY THE ORIGINAL AND THAT CHARM WASN'T THE FIRST ONE TO HAVE A POKEMON NAME SSHSHHHHH)

https://media.giphy.com/media/4V9pnhxTv6eha/giphy.gif

Been in Gota since 2015, and still proud to be in it.

Despite its horrible community.

Discord; ArceusK-w-#5954 Yes, i'm a furry. Deal with it.

I can't help you on this thing sorry.

Comment

i personally think that we need to bring back the shout box, because at the end of the day what brings people closer together is having someone that everybody can dislike. and that will also stop the threads but then the shout box would be like how it was before but let's be honest again, that gave us something to talk about and that is very hard to come by in a forum dedicated to a ball game.

Comment

Originally posted by Animu View Post
        i personally think that we need to bring back the shout box, because at the end of the day what brings people closer together is having someone that everybody can dislike. and that will also stop the threads but then the shout box would be like how it was before but let's be honest again, that gave us something to talk about and that is very hard to come by in a forum dedicated to a ball game.
        I agree on this, but usually the shoutbox had been removed because it will probably (and obviously) be filled up with a bunch of skin beggers and locked name beggers, and that I really think gota.io is already dealing with that enough on its discord, so it's kind of saddening that the shoutbox won't probably come back in the forums, even though it did really help bring the people in the forum together. Heck, I met the majority of my friends on gota.io from the shoutbox, and I really did wish it came back.

But thanks to the people who'll just spam ask for there skins to be accepted or beg for a locked name, it's going to be quite the impossibility for it to come back.

What I really should think they should do with the shoutbox, is only allow trusted people onto it, like people they KNOW won't be doing all that skin begging/locked name begging mess. Therefore, the shoutbox can actually be clean and normal like it always was back then.
        Arceus~ The old and original person with a pokemon name in gota.io. (TOTALLY THE ORIGINAL AND THAT CHARM WASN'T THE FIRST ONE TO HAVE A POKEMON NAME SSHSHHHHH)

Comment

Originally posted by ArceusK View Post

I agree on this, but usually the shoutbox had been removed because it will probably (and obviously) be filled up with a bunch of skin beggers and locked name beggers, and that I really think gota.io is already dealing with that enough on its discord, so it's kind of saddening that the shoutbox won't probably come back in the forums, even though it did really help bring the people in the forum together. Heck, I met the majority of my friends on gota.io from the shoutbox, and I really did wish it came back.

But thanks to the people who'll just spam ask for there skins to be accepted or beg for a locked name, it's going to be quite the impossibility for it to come back.

What I really should think they should do with the shoutbox, is only allow trusted people onto it, like people they KNOW won't be doing all that skin begging/locked name begging mess. Therefore, the shoutbox can actually be clean and normal like it always was back then.
          that would be so awesome to see the shoutbox become like a vip club. i wonder how the process would go to be accepted into the shoutbox club. i was more thinking of like a filter for the shoutbox although im not sure how that would work in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Animu View Post

that would be so awesome to see the shoutbox become like a vip club. i wonder how the process would go to be accepted into the shoutbox club. i was more thinking of like a filter for the shoutbox although im not sure how that would work in the first place.
            Maybe in order to get to the shoutbox, you have to have a staff follow YOU (you following them won't count cough). Once they followed you, they can DM you that you have access and have the notability to use the shoutbox, free from skin beggers/locked name beggers, drama (if no one tries to cause any oof), scammers.

I should make a suggestion like this on the gota forums, and see if the gota mods will accept it n' all.

I miss when the shoutbox was filled with old gota members and staff, and everyone enjoyed one another without the consistency of the modern community..

Comment

I think the Gota forum is slowly dying because of DIscord. You can reach the Gota staff there much faster there if you require support, got problems with your skin or just got a suggestion.
              In my opinion it's kinda sad to let the forum die like this. It has always been a part of Gota and was the first place when we just wanted to talk to someone in the shoutbox.

But I also don't know, what we could do to "revive" it or atleast make it more active than it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikasa View Post
                I think the Gota forum is slowly dying because of DIscord. You can reach the Gota staff there much faster there if you require support, got problems with your skin or just got a suggestion.
                In my opinion it's kinda sad to let the forum die like this. It has always been a part of Gota and was the first place when we just wanted to talk to someone in the shoutbox.

But I also don't know, what we could do to "revive" it or atleast make it more active than it is now.
                the shoutbox is definitely the key to make this place more active since people like to have conversations in real time more than being pen pals.

Comment

Shoutbox would only be filled with people screaming "accept skin" "give lock"

Comment

Hello I Mit a skin on gota.io for 2 days except that he still knows not put on gota.io

Comment

I was a call center agent for 2 years and a half. I worked in a graveyard shift so that's why i am awake at night and sleep the whole day. And suddenly i quit my job because of my personal problem. And now i am having a hard time to sleep at night because i get used to being awake at night. So this is my problem now i want to sleep in a normal way but it didn't happen, so i told my friend about this then he told me to try this CBD thing as a medicine i did not believe him at first but i try it and it works for me and now I am sleeping at night at peace. Here is an article that i read about it https://www.greenmed.io/blog/chicago...ck-real-thing/ you should read it.

Comment

Working...
                      X